We have developed a wide range of initiatives (using The Peel Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility guidelines) to help enhance our environment, our wider community and the lives of the people within it.
Here is a snapshot of some of the initiatives we have delivered:
Commercial and economic
- Creating, with the support of a wide range of partners, a brand new community right here at MediaCityUK
- Bringing more visitors to the locality to enjoy our events and studio shows
- Be a catalyst for the creation of a range of new jobs – from construction roles through to media, retail and customer-facing posts
- Utilising the Manchester Ship Canal to transport building materials to the development
- Installing and operating a tri-generation power plant to minimise CO2 emissions by centralising heating and cooling equipment
- Awarded the accolade of the first BREEAM sustainable community in the world
- MediaCityUK is part of The Peel Group, which has achieved Carbon Trust Standard
Positive social impact
Our policy is to work with local community organisations, including those that support the vocational development of young people, through work placements, mentoring and group activities. The organisations we are working alongside are:
- Salford Foundation
- Princes Trust
- Salford Forest Rangers
We are always looking for new ways in which we can continue to deliver and strengthen our CSR here at MediaCityUK and will continue to implement new initiatives.
Download The Peel Group CSR report here soon.