Family fun for all at Salford Quays this October half term
29 September 2017
Take a trip to Salford Quays, the home of MediaCityUK this October half term, for a range of activities and events, ideal for children of all ages, and fun for grown-ups too!
Keep the kids entertained at Greater Manchester’s stunning waterfront destination:
- Be part of The Lowry’s annual Family Arts Festival, offering eye-boggling arts for all the family. This year includes some amazing theatre shows including the magical Slava's Snow Show and a wonderful adaptation of Michael Morpurgo's Why The Whales Came. From Saturday 21st October – Sunday 29th October. www.familyfestival.org.uk
- Visit the wonderful Tudor Manor House, Ordsall Hall and embark on any one of its fun-filled adventures: The Magical Door Trail is a scavenger hunt for the whole family, with a special prize if you find them all! (Monday 23rd – Sunday 29th October) Get crafty in the Witchful Thinking classes and learn how to make a magical door and a magic wand! (Monday 23rd – Tuesday 24th October). And why not visit the Halloween Grotto and meet the Ordsall Hall witch? Have a go at some spells and beat her riddles - if you dare! All brave souls will receive a special Halloween gift. (Wednesday 25th – Thursday 26th October).
- Thrill-seekers should head to the Helly Hansen Watersports Centre for its Open Hire session, from windsurfing and kayaking to sailing and canoeing.
- Lowry Outlet MediaCityUK will host its fabulous Makers Market on Saturday 28th October – Sunday 29th October, bringing an array of quality artisan foods, drinks, and award-winning craftsmen to its open-air Plaza area. Lowry Outlet Makers Market will host more than 60 stalls, offering shoppers, food enthusiasts and families a day out with a difference. There will also be live music, and activities for children too.
- Set sail, and take a boat ride along Manchester’s historic ship canal and explore the city’s stunning scenery with City Centre Cruises, which offer a range of cruise attractions, including a Sunday Lunch Cruise - the perfect way to unwind with the family after a busy weekend. Available on Sunday 22nd October.
- Treat the family to a taste sensation at Salford Food & Drink Fortnight with special events taking place across the city, sample the food and drink heroes in Salford. From Friday 13 October - Thursday 26 October.
With so much to see in just one day, take the opportunity to rest your head at one of the top-quality, yet affordable hotels in the area. The Copthorne Hotel Manchester has a Hello Weekend package, check-in on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday and enjoy a weekend stay with free breakfast and Wi-Fi. Hotel Football, the world’s first football hotel, located opposite Manchester United’s OId Trafford stadium, is the go-to destination for fans, families, and tourists. For those looking for a bite to eat, Café Football, located within Hotel Football, offers a fun, relaxed dining experience influenced by the spirit of the game. And children can enjoy the fantastic Kids Menu with a trip up to the Sweet Shop or Ice Cream Parlour included, so all the family are happy.
And if that’s not enough, a tempting selection of local and seasonal produce is on offer at Lime, an independent restaurant and bar located in the heart of Salford Quays. Foodie offers for the season ahead include, the Express Menu, where diners can get two courses for £9.95 (Mon-Fri 11am-5pm) and Sunday Roasts with all the trimmings for just £10.95.