BBC stars set to save MediaCityUK’s Christmas lights switch on from the Grinch
BBC Radio 1 presenter Katie Thistleton will be joined by CBBC’s Hacker T Dog and BBC Radio 2 and 6 Music’s Mark Radcliffe to save MediaCityUK’s Christmas lights switch on from the mischievous antics of The Grinch, star of The Lowry’s Christmas show ‘Dr Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas! The Musical’, from 5pm on Friday, 15 November
Katie, who is best known for presenting her hit BBC Radio 1 show – ‘Life Hacks’, Hacker T Dog and Mark will kick off the Christmas festivities alongside the Grinch, which will mark the start of MediaCityUK’s family-friendly Christmas markets and full-sized ice rink.
Musical talent from the BBC Philharmonic and the popular Rock Choir will also perform a medley of Christmas favourites adding to the biggest line up yet at MediaCityUK.
From 3pm, families will be able to browse through the numerous Christmas food and drink and the ice rink will be open from 5pm.
Stephen Wild, Managing Director of MediaCityUK, said: “We’re delighted to be showcasing such a fantastic array of homegrown talent at this year’s Christmas lights switch on where there will be something for all the family to enjoy. This year’s markets will be bigger and better than ever before and completely child friendly. With the added presence of the ice rink it promises to be a magical time at MediaCityUK.”
Paul Dennett, Salford City Mayor, said: “It is fantastic to see MediaCityUK continuing to showcase our Salford community this Christmas. From the must-see Christmas shows at The Lowry – our cultural heart of Salford, the dazzling digital installations which will be on display at Lightwaves to our local businesses trading at the MediaCityUK Christmas markets. Salford is the place to be this Christmas
What’s on at MediaCityUK this Christmas in brief:
• Festive Christmas light switch on event, with Dr Seuss’s The Grinch, BBC stars Katie Thistleton, Mark Radcliffe and Hacker T Dog, BBC Philharmonic and the Rock Choir local from 5pm – 7pm on Friday 15th November.
• The markets will be officially opened on the MediaCityUK 15th November and run until – 22nd December 11am – 9pm every day.
• Show off your skating skills at the MediaCityUK ice rink, which is open to children and adults! Pre-book option available here. 15th November – 5th January 11am – 9pm every day.
* Please note the day of the Christmas Lights Switch (15/11/19) on the markets will be open from 3pm
* Please note the day of the Christmas Lights Switch (15/11/19) on the ice rink will be open from 5pm
• Dockyard’s outdoor bar – The Lodge will be open for seasonal treats and look out for exclusive discounts at MediaCityUK’s on-site bars and restaurants.
• Quays Culture presents Lightwaves – a free interactive light festival, transforming public spaces for 10 days each year as playful light experiences span across Salford Quays and MediaCityUK. From 6-15 December.
• A range of must-see, spectacular performances at The Lowry which will appeal to the whole family including Dr Seuss’ How The Grinch Stole Christmas! The Musical starring Griff Rhys Jones and X Factor’s Matt Terry, new smash hit musical SIX as well as the popular adaption of children’s book, The Gruffalo’s Child.
• The theme continues at The Lowry Outlet with a Dr Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas! inspired Maker’s Market for five weekends from 21 November to 22 December.
For more information please contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Greater Manchester-based National Network Operator, Vaioni is relocating and opening its brand-new head office in the heart of MediaCityUK as growth surpasses 100 per cent over the last four years with a plan to achieve £20m turnover in the next three to five years.
HOST announces partnership with Unity to launch the UK’s first-ever Centre of Excellence at MediaCityUK, accelerating innovation in video gaming,…