A SYMPOSIUM honouring the legacy of Prince is being held in the star’s home city – one year after the…
Box on the Docks presents: Art Hall The winter venue for MediaCity where good food meets great art
MediaCity’s popular outdoor dining concept Box on the Docks (BOTD) is set for a busy Christmas season with the launch of the winter edition, Art Hall. Now open in a newly covered venue in the heart of the MediaCity gardens and presented by Box on the Docks, Art Hall is all about street food, local art, and good festive times for the holiday season.
The ethos of Box on the Docks has always focused on supporting and nurturing local and independent artists alongside hospitality businesses, with this season’s new Art Hall concept complimenting the wider cultural activity taking place at MediaCity and The Quays this winter, which includes the well-received Art of Banksy exhibition.
Art Hall invites visitors to see artwork from local creatives, enjoy the delectable food and drink offering and experience an exciting, varied events programme. Designed by local art and design duo, MikeSian Studio, alongside set designer, Marian Osborne, the space has been transformed into a banquet hall with hanging elements for an art exhibition feel utilising the height of the space. MikeSian have designed graphic flags to hang down the length of the hall which are filled with typographic statements, graphic shapes, and bold colours. Alongside collaborating with MikeSian on centrepiece glitter banners, Mariel Osborn has included glitter bunting draped throughout the hall, which frames the artwork in the middle.
Mike Emerson, co-founder and designer for MikeSian Studio says: “We wanted to create a space that gave all visitors a sense of sitting somewhere warm and welcoming, without solely relying on the usual Christmas décor that springs to mind. The graphic flags included in the design contain statements which are a mix of commentary on the year we’ve all had along with festive phrases. Overall, we want the space to feel festive, fun and full of life”.
Art Hall will play host to a variety of events throughout the holiday season from pop up paint events to brunch with Santa family events. Art Hall will also continue in the New Year up until the end of March with a host of art, creative and wellbeing events to combat the new year blues. The space will also profile local artists, with the décor transforming to fit the mood of the season.
- On the bar, Salford brew institution, Seven Bro7hers is serving up their award winning independent and classic craft beers including a specially crafted Art Hall Pale Ale and a range of winter warmers for the festive season.
- For the first time at Box on the Docks, You Melt! are the purveyors of all things cheesy, e serving grilled cheese, nachos; and mac & cheese with plenty of festive specials.
- Chapati Caféwill deliver their delicious, home-cooked Gujarati-influenced food, and daily changing menu of ‘rice and three’ curries.
- The Tasty Greekserving up their classics including authentic gyros, their legendary halloumi fries, and a selection of tasty Bratwursts for the festive season.
- Beigelwill offer their locally sourced pastries, and sweet treats, alongside their freshly made bagels such as salt beef, ‘the mozza’ or a classic BLT. And new for the winter season, a collection of warming winter drinks and indulgent hot chocolate will be available.
- A Few Scoopsis giving their ice cream tuk-tuk a well-deserved winter break and will be popping up in a pink hut serving churros, hot fudge sundaes, build-your-own-cheesecake with hot toppings and boozy milkshakes.
On 11th December, visitors can enjoy the dessert and beer pairing from 2pm to 4pm. Visitors will receive four desserts from A Few Scoops paired with beers from Seven Bro7hers to for £16. Visitors are directed to pre-book here.
The full line up of events are:
Art Hall Pub Quiz
A fun mix of general knowledge and themed round with prizes and bar tab to be won
6th December, 7pm
£1 entry payable on the night
Freelance and SME Christmas Party
Join us in the Art Hall to get the Christmas spirit started! Whether you work as a freelancer or as part of a small team we can give you the Christmas party you deserve. With live music, food from the Art Hall vendors and the full range of festive cocktails to choose from.
8th December and 15th December, 6pm to 10pm
£6, including a free drink, tickets available to book here
Art Hall Bingo
Fun and boozy bingo with prizes to be won
9th December, 7pm
£2 entry, payable on the night
Pop Up Painting
This year’s sip and paint event will be themed around Annie Dalton’s Banksy-inspired Christmas Flying Balloon Girl painting.
10th December, 3pm
£34.99, tickets available to book here
A fun and delicious crafting event where visitors can decorate Christmas tree shaped gingerbread
17th and 19th December, 11am to 4pm for children, from 7pm for adults
Free (donation to the Salford Food Bank welcome), tickets available to book here
Born To Be Wild Child – Festive Family Party
Event packed with an afternoon of fun for all ages
18th December, 1:30pm-3:30pm
Brunch with Santa
Visitors and their children are invited to Brunch with Santa at Art Hall. With a host of games, brunch, a meeting with Santa and gifts!
21st and 22nd December, 11am to 1pm
£10 per child, tickets available to book here
Open from 5th December to the end of March, every day from 8am – 10pm, Box on the Docks presents Art Hall is located in the MediaCity gardens (by the Plaza)
For more information please visit: Box On The Docks – MediaCity.
MediaCityUK based creative agency LDA has delivered the final stage of one of the biggest rebranding exercises in the further…
The next KitPlus event in Manchester is now supported by MediaCityUK and will be held on 10th November at the prestigious Open Centre in the heart of MediaCityUK.