MediaCityUK tenant, Media Agency Group has been appointed as the media agency of PortAventura World Parks & Resort for the…
The Gruffalo returns to The Lowry this summer
Saturday 30th July to Sunday 21st August
A mouse took a stroll through the deep dark wood…
Join Mouse on a daring adventure through the deep, dark wood in Tall Stories’ magical, musical adaptation of the classic picture book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler, when The Gruffalo returns to The Lowry, Salford from Saturday 30th July to Sunday 21st August 2022.
Searching for hazelnuts, Mouse meets the cunning Fox, the eccentric old Owl and the high-spirited Snake. Will the story of the terrifying Gruffalo save Mouse from ending up as dinner for these hungry woodland creatures? After all, there’s no such thing as a Gruffalo – is there?
Songs, laughs and monstrous fun for children aged 3 and up and their grown-ups, in the much-loved show that’s toured Britain and the world!
About the show
- The Gruffalo is the smash hit show by the internationally acclaimed theatre company, Tall Stories.
- The show premiered in the UK in 2001 and has been touring successfully around the world ever since.
- Tall Stories use a physical storytelling style combined with original songs to create a lively theatrical experience that embraces its audience. In this show there are three performers, catchy songs and comedy.
- The Gruffalo picture book is the winner of numerous awards including the Nestle Smarties Book Prize Gold Award & Blue Peter Book Award and has sold over 13.5 million copies worldwide and been translated in over 57 different languages. It was voted the UK’s favourite bedtime story by BBC Radio 2 listeners.
- The animated film adaptation of the book was nominated for an Oscar for Best Animation.
- The show has performed in 16 countries and 5 continents – including twice at Sydney Opera House, twice on Broadway, ten West End seasons and once at the National Theatre. It has been translated into five languages (German, Spanish, Hebrew, Arabic and isiXhosa)
- Running time 55 minutes (no interval)
In partnership with GCHQ, The Landing and global tech accelerator UP Ventures has been selected to deliver a ground-breaking accelerator – the Safe Citizen Digital Innovation Lab. Applications to join the GCHQ Accelerator, which will start in early 2020, are being sought from companies who have customer facing technology solutions aimed at improving citizen digital safety across the North West.
An award-winning accelerator dedicated to supporting the entrepreneurial ambitions of 100 women freelancers from the North West looking to launch…
dock10, the leading media services provider based at MediaCityUK, announces today that it is one of the ten finalists in the IBC2015 Innovation Awards.