Terms and conditions
1. The promoter of this competition is Central Bay, Quayside, Salford Quays, a company registered with reg. number 10610137 (“we”, “us” or “our”).
2. To participate in the competition you must submit your competition entry form (see section 6 below) by Tuesday 12th September 2023 at 5pm (the “Competition Period”). Entries submitted outside of the competition period will not be valid. Winners will be contacted on Wednesday 13th September.
3. If you wish to participate in the competition you agree to these terms and conditions (“Terms”). By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms, so please read these terms carefully.
4. The competition is open to UK residents aged 16 or over for the duration of the competition period. Winners will be notified via email. The competition excludes employees and contractors, agents and service providers of Quayside and MediaCity, or any retail staff at Quayside and MediaCity, as well as any family members of such employees or contractors and anyone professionally associated with this competition.
5. Entry into the competition is restricted to one entry (see section 7 below) per individual person. No purchase or payment of any form is required for entry into the competition.
6. All entry instructions for the competition will form part of these Terms. Entry instructions can be found on this web page.
7. Entries must be submitted by the specified closing date (see section 2 above). Individuals who do not follow all of the instructions in these terms, provide the required information, successfully submit their entry, timely submit their entry, and/or abide by these Terms may be disqualified. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Any entrant that attempts to complete or submit fraudulent entries, and their entries, will be disqualified. Entrants may not enter with multiple e-mail addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter multiple times or as multiple entrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities, or uses any device or artifice to register multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the competition and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorised account holder of the said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. Authorised account holder is the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organisation, which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorised account holder.
The winner must be local / able to travel to Central Bay, Quayside MediaCity on Thursday 14th September 2023.
Prize(s) & Winning
8. Two tickets for you and a guest to attend the VIP launch event of Central Bay at Quayside MediaCity on Thursday 14th September 2023, 6pm-10pm. Winners will be contacted at 5pm on Tuesday 12th September 2023.
9. We reserve the right to: (i) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry to the competition if they are in breach of these Terms; and (iI) in exceptional circumstances amend these Terms, in which case we will notify such changes to entrants and potential entrants.
10. The prize winner(s) will be randomly drawn by an independent person selected by us in accordance with the laws of chance.
11. The prize winner may be requested to take part in some promotional activity as part of receiving the prize e.g. publicity photos. If you agree to take part in such promotional activity, you will need to enter into an image release form which allows us to use your images and/or any footage in which you appear in our promotional campaigns, which may include press and magazine advertising, direct mail, outdoor advertising, transport advertising (such as buses), social media advertising (such as Facebook and Twitter), in-centre advertising (such as floor graphics and banners), leaflets and flyers and on our website.
12. You will not be entitled to receive payment for any such use by us of your image or footage in which you appear.
13. The decision of Quayside MediaCity and/or any independent judge (as applicable) is final and binding in all matters relating to this competition, and no correspondence will be entered into on the matter.
14. There is no cash alternative in whole or in part for prizes, subject to section 9 above. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-refundable and non-transferable. Prizes cannot also be used in conjunction with any other offers or promotions.
Your information & image
15. Information you provide to us on the entry form will be used to administer the competition and to contact you only for the purposes of the competition and will be deleted after 6 months from the conclusion of the competition, unless you have signed up to be contacted by MediaCity and its retailers for marketing purposes. If you have selected the option to be contacted by MediaCity for marketing purposes, we will only use your information to keep you updated with the latest happenings, exclusive treats, latest news and events at MediaCity. If you have selected the option to be contacted by Kargo MKT for marketing purposes we will share your contact information with Kargo MKT directly. Please note, you can opt-out from direct marketing at any time.
17. We reserve the right at our sole discretion to disqualify any entrant that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the competition or website; violates the Terms; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made. We also reserve the right to seek damages from any such person and entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
18. Our failure to enforce any term of the terms shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other problems beyond our control and award the prize from among all eligible online entries received prior to cancellation. Other than for fraudulent misrepresentation or death or personal injury arising from our negligence, we exclude, to the full extent permitted by law, all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense you may incur, whether direct or indirect and however caused, in connection with this competition or the prizes. We are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undelivered, incorrect, or inaccurate entry forms whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the competition or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entry forms.
19. These terms and this competition are governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
20. Any queries in relation to this competition should be directed in writing to the Marketing Department, MediaCity, M50 2NT.
Dated: September 2023