A hard-hitting short film about autonomous weapons which is making headlines across the world, was written and produced in MediaCityUK….
BBC Children in Need returns to BBC One on Friday 19 November live from MediaCity
BBC Children in Need will be live from MediaCity in Salford for the first time ever for an evening of must-see television on Friday 19 November from 7pm – 10pm.
BBC News and Sports journalists sing their hearts out for an special lip synch round of the BBC One singing game show I Can See Your Voice, a teddy bear gets a new lease of life at The Repair Shop, Team GB and Paralympics GB get together to compete in a school sports day and CBBC presenters Sam and Mark take on game show The Wall for this year’s BBC Children in Need Appeal show. There will also be music performances from global superstar Ed Sheeran, and fellow chart-topping artist Tom Grennan.
These are just some of the highlights in store for viewers at home along with more exciting performances, special guests and a few surprises along the way.
BBC Children in Need will be presented by some of the biggest names in showbiz as the nation raises money for children and young people across the UK facing a range of disadvantages.
The presenters are Ade Adepitan MBE, Mel Giedroyc, Graham Norton, Chris Ramsey and Alex Scott MBE who will be live from the studio in Salford to take viewers through a glittering evening of fun and fundraising.
The money raised through BBC Children in Need’s 2021 Appeal will help support local charities and projects which are providing essential frontline help to children and young people in communities throughout the UK.
Supporting BBC Children in Need this year is easier than ever. To learn more about the charity or make a donation to help transform the lives of children and young people across the UK, visit: bbcchildreninneed.co.uk
• You can also call 0345 7 33 22 33 and make a donation over the phone. (Standard geographic charges from landlines and mobiles will apply).
• You can donate on the phone or on the BBC Children in Need website. Use your debit or credit card, or your PayPal account.
• Pay in your fundraising money at all major banks, building societies, or the Post Office.
• Send a cheque or postal order to BBC Children in Need, PO Box 648, Salford, M5 0LB.
• To donate £5 text the word DONATE to 70405, to donate £10 text the word DONATE to 70410, to donate £20 text DONATE to 70420 or to donate £30 text DONATE to 70430. Texts will cost your donation plus your standard network message charge and all of your donation will go to BBC Children in Need. You must be 16 or over and have the bill payer‘s permission. Text Services close at midnight on 30 November 2022. For full terms and more information visit bbc.co.uk/pudsey
An independent review of the first 10 years of Ocean Gateway reveals that it has delivered more than £5 billion of private investment, creating 21,000 jobs and 5,000 new homes.