Cereal giant, Kellogg, has lit up its Trafford Park factory in the colours of the rainbow to mark what is…
CBBC Summer Sportarama brings excitement to Salford
CBBC is bringing the magic of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) World Athletics Championships to MediaCityUK in Salford this summer with the CBBC Summer Sportarama. This exciting event is free to attend and will give children the chance to take part in athletics events and other activities designed to give them a flavour of the championships taking place in Beijing.
The CBBC Summer Sportarama takes place on the opening weekend of the IAAF World Athletics Championships from 22 – 23 August 2015 across different zones located on the Piazza at the BBC’s MediaCityUK site. The activities will begin at 10am and finish at 5pm both days and are unticketed.
Top activities for children on the day will include:
- British Athletics ‘have a go’ activities in the Blue Peter Sports Badge Zone. Where young people can compete in athletics events on the CBBC Summer Sportarama outdoor running track and test themselves in British Athletics’ much-loved ‘Agility Zone’ which features various events such as standing long jump, 30m sprint and target throw.
- A chance for children to have a go at presenting; join some football freestylers and take part in some high-tech games with Kickabout Plus.
- Shaun the Sheeps Championsheeps family friendly games and activities.
- Hands-on craft opportunities with CBBC’s Art Ninja, Ricky Martin, who will teach children how to make Chinese inspired crafts, such as mini dragon puppets, calligraphy lanterns and theatre masks.
- A CBeebies sport themed area for younger children to get involved.
Children will also get a chance to see some of their favourite children’s TV presenters, including Blue Peter’s Lindsey Russell who says:
“While the IAAF World Athletics Championships may be taking part on the other side of the world the CBBC Summer Sportarama gives young people a fantastic opportunity to experience the excitement of the competition right here in the North West. There are races and other activities on our outdoor track, crafting with our very own Art Ninja and a chance for children to have a go at becoming the next presenter of CBBC’s new sports show Kickabout Plus.
“So whether your child is the next Usain Bolt or they’d just like to have fun taking part in a variety of activities inspired by the championships, the CBBC Summer Sportarama has something for everyone and we look forward to seeing you this summer.”
This year BBC Sport will be bringing live and exclusive coverage of the World Athletics Championships across television, radio and online from 22 to 30 August.
Dig Media has received £50,900 from the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) for an exciting project to digitise and share the Jack…
Disruptive Reality, a new VR studio combining the industry expertise of five media companies has partnered with MediaCityUK-based dock10 and The Landing.