Vodafone today officially opened its Digital Innovation Hub in The Landing at MediaCityUK, Salford, to give the UK’s growing start-up community a head start in developing new 5G applications and services.
BBC stars save MediaCityUK’s Christmas Light Switch on from The Grinch
Crowds of families headed down to MediaCityUK’s Piazza to join BBC stars Katie Thistleton, Mark Radcliffe and Hacker T Dog countdown its biggest Christmas light switch-on to date.
Despite The Grinch, star of The Lowry’s Christmas show ‘Dr Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas! The Musical’, best efforts to sabotage the glittering switch-on, the popular trio saved the night by promptly switching the lights back on, to the delight of the crowd.
The switch-on marks the start of the festive season at MediaCityUK as well as the opening of the Christmas markets and the new, full sized under cover ice rink.
Stephen Wild, Managing Director of MediaCityUK, said: “The switch-on event has kicked off a truly family friendly festive season at MediaCityUK. Families can expect a host of events and activities for all ages to get involved in, from browsing the Christmas markets, skating on the ice rink, taking in a festive show at The Lowry to enjoying the amazing light installations.”
What’s on at MediaCityUK this Christmas in brief:
• The markets will run from 15th November and run until – 22nd December 11am – 9pm every day.
• Show off your skating skills at the MediaCityUK ice rink, which is open to children and adults! Pre-book option available here. 15th November – 5th January 11am – 9pm every day.
• Dockyard’s outdoor bar – The Lodge will be open for seasonal treats and look out for exclusive discounts at MediaCityUK’s on-site bars and restaurants.
• Quays Culture presents Lightwaves – a free interactive light festival, transforming public spaces for 10 days each year as playful light experiences span across Salford Quays and MediaCityUK. From 6-15 December.
• A range of must-see, spectacular performances at The Lowry which will appeal to the whole family including Dr Seuss’ How The Grinch Stole Christmas! The Musical starring Griff Rhys Jones and X Factor’s Matt Terry, new smash hit musical SIX as well as the popular adaption of children’s book, The Gruffalo’s Child.
• The theme continues at The Lowry Outlet with a Dr Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas! inspired Maker’s Market for five weekends from 21 November to 22 December.
A new partnership is set to transform the lives of black women across the North West and inspire their entrepreneurial…
The BBC has revealed ambitious plans for its biggest transformation in decades, which will move more power and decision-making to…