The Makers Market will take place on the last Saturday and Sunday of the month, on the Quayside plaza, located between the Quayside outlet mall and The Lowry Arts Centre.
Combining some of Manchester’s finest award-winning street food vendors, artisan bakers, live music from independent record label ‘Stutter and Twitch’ and an abundance of crafters, The Quayside at MediaCityUK Makers Market has an array of artisan stalls heading your way.
The Makers Market team have put several measures in place to ensure the safety their artisan traders and the public for their relaunch. They have reduced the number of artisans trading at the event to ensure enough space is created to safely visit the event. A one-way system has been introduced around the market along with a sanitising station set up for all visitors to use, including antibacterial soap, water, hand sanitiser, gloves and masks.
The return of the Makers Market coincides with the opening of the much-anticipated Box on the Docks at MediaCityUK. Combining a unique outdoor dining experience and a piece of impactful public art; take the opportunity to walk through the gardens and along the waterfront and enjoy the 15 bespoke commissions designed by local artists.
Victoria Crane, Makers Market Director said:
“We are ecstatic to announce that we are back! We have missed popping up at Quayside MediaCityUK for our weekend takeovers and we are eager to get back. To be sure we are as safe as can be for both our artisan traders and the public joining us for our relaunch, we have measures set in place ready for the event. We have a cracking line up of makers so be sure to save the date and make the most of your weekend with us, support local independents and shop local.”
Jason Pullen, Managing Director, Peel Outlets said:
“We are delighted to welcome back the Makers Market for the first time since the unveiling of the Quayside at MediaCityUK rebrand. We know the hospitality, creative and independent making industries have been amongst the hardest hit by the impact of Covid-19, and the Makers Market is a great platform to support artisans. The return of the Makers Market and the launch of ‘Box on the Docks’ in MediaCityUK will provide a safe and welcoming environment for all to enjoy.”
The Quayside at MediaCityUK Makers Market line-up includes-
- Paradiso Authentic Italian and their classic Italian desserts.
- Twisted Wheel Brew Co a brewery based in Manchester celebrating the spirit of Northern Soul.
- Podge will be providing world class tray bakes and savoury pies.
- CJ Taylord Art. Christian is well known for his artwork which has been commissioned around Manchester including Manchester Pride and NHS.
- Lavandi and their homemade skincare, eco-friendly and organic face masks, body creams and shampoo bars.
- Street food stalls with German Bratwursts, Greek Gyros, Steak Flatbreads, Wood Fired Pizza, Grilled Burgers and Crepes for dessert, there’s an abundance of tantalising treats on offer.
- And for your furry friends; Goody Paws will be down with their handmade dog collars, leads and accessories.
Come along with your family and friends, make the most of your weekend by supporting local independents and enjoy what the Quayside at MediaCityUK Makers Market has to offer.
SAVE THE DATES
The Quayside at MediaCityUK Makers Market returns:
Saturday 25th July 10-5pm
Sunday 26th July 11-5pm
Quayside at MediaCityUK