Box on the Docks: Unwrapped – Sunday
13th Dec 2020
For one weekend only, artists who have created the acclaimed Box on the Docks public art display at MediaCityUK will open up their boxes and give visitors the chance to purchase their original art works ranging from paintings, jewellery to ceramics.
Running from 10am until 5pm on Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 December, ‘Box on the Docks: Unwrapped’ will give visitors the chance to shop local as well as meet the artists and browse through their collections of original artworks in their respective pods.
Almost 20 artists including; Daniel Waggett, who from his LS Lowry inspired box, will be showcasing a wide collection of his works from paintings to photography, printed goods from local creative duo Jive Prints, wrapping paper from Lois Gilbert – co-creator of the World’s Smallest Disco box and original paintings, posters and prints by Mikesian Studio plus many more.
There is plenty of space to social distance and still soak up the atmosphere while enjoying the waterside views. Box on the Docks will be operating to a strict maximum capacity and asks all visitors to keep 2m apart.
The full list of artists taking part include:
- Manchester Street Poem: mcrstreetpoem.com / @mcrstreetpoem
- Heard Storytelling: heardstorytelling.com / @heard_stories
- Mikesian Studio: mikesian.studio / @mikesian.studio
- Nick Chaffe: nickchaffe.com / @nickchaffe
- Sally Marshall: @sallymarshallart
- Reform: reform.page / @reform.page
- Lois Gilbert: @loisapple
- Katie Tomlinson: katietomlinson.co.uk / @kt_tomlinson
- Jive Prints: jiveprints.co.uk / @jiveprints
- Tannah Cantrell: @tannahcantrell
- Venessa Scott: www.venessascott.co.uk / @venessascott_
- Lottie Bayliss: @lottillo
- Caroline Coates: carolinecoates.co.uk / @carolinecoates
- Helena Worthington: @helenaworthington
- Daniel Waggett: dwaggett.com/ @dwaggett
For further information about Box on the Docks or to explore the virtual gallery, please visit https://www.boxonthedocks.co.uk/